Wednesday, May 20, 2009

wahoooooo

Last night I went to the film: I love you Phillip Morris (set to come out in February 2010) starring Jim Carrey and Ewan Mcgreator.  It was sooooo good!  Basically it's a story about these two gay men who meet and fall in love in prison.  The plot made you laugh out loud, cry, and just fall in love with the characters.  This is my favorite movie of the festival thus far!

Today I volunteered allll day for our AMFAR event tomorrow.  As I have said before this  an event to raise money for aids and this year is hosted by Sharon Stone and Bill Clinton.  Pretty much everyone who is anyone will be in attendance from 50 Cent to Madonna to Brad and Angelina.  So anyway today I volunteered my services to set up.  The event will be taking place at Hotel du Cap in Antibes and it is "the" hotel of the French Riviera.  It is absoultely STUNNING easily the nicest place I've ever been in my life.  (Madonna, Brangelina, Bill and Robert Pattinson are also staying there for the festival).  

So basically our instructions for the day were try not to look super trashy and hide yourselves from well just about everyone ha.  So we mostly worked on setting up the tent and all I can say is WOW.  The venue was designed by Versace (who will be in attendance) and the plates alone cost $500 each.  There are photographs all over by the famed photographer Bruce Weber that are beautiful and overall the place is just overwhelming.  So much for being star struck by the celebs I was literally star struck by the room!  I worked closely with one of Versace's men (who is basically a gay, sassy princess) and I LOVED it!  While he has made it big now, he is from Omaha so we had a riot making fun of how hick the other was, and while he did refuse to call me by my name (who am I kidding he didn't even ask ha!) he did affectionately call me kansas City all day.

After a long day's work we headed outside to wait for our ride back (did I mention we looked pretty scrubby?).  Tonight also happens to be the premier of Brad Pitt's movie so there were a ton of important people around and let's just say they were none to pleased to see 11 crusty girls hanging around the front of the most exclusive hotel in all of France.  So they very clearly told us we needed to hide ourselves in the bushes (literally this is a quote). Ha soo we looked even more awkward standing huddled around some bushes in our scrubby clothes.  Well who should happen to saunter on by but THE Robert Pattinson (Twilight and Harry Potter!)  He literally was all smiles and giggles until he caught a glimpse of us and suddenly had a look of disgust on his face! Ha oh well priceless memory for us!

I am so beyond excited for the big event tomorrow.  Bill Clinton is playing the sax and then auctioning it off-I suggested a duet with 50 cent!  Also it raises a ton of money for adds (last year $10 million) soo Ill will be sure to let you know if this is the night I'm gonna make it big!

No comments:

Post a Comment