Thursday, May 14, 2009

OMG

      
Omg Omg Omg....I just had the best day of my entire life, and this is not even an exaggeration.  
So this morning/afternoon we headed back into town to figure out what movies were good enough to check out that evening (ha who am I kidding we were def. looking for the most famous one). 

 We decided to get a bunch of tickets to the Quinzaine des Realisateurs, which are films that are not in the direct competition but still screen in Cannes (they include films like Francis Coppola's Tetro and the new Jim Carey film).  We headed back to shower and prepare for the evening when all of a sudden my friend Mark comes bursting in my room to announce that the College has received a limited number of tickets to the premier!  So I raced out of my room 39% naked and went to grab my golden ticket.  I received my precious gift at approximately 5:45 and soon learned that we had to leave at 6:00!  

Well, you ain't never seen a lady get herself red carpet ready so fast! There was a group of 15 of us that received tickets and we literally had to run to make it to the carpet before it closed for us 'nearly' famous people.  So with windswept hair (not in the good way) and a few makeup smears I ascended my first red carpet.  I can't even describe how amazing it was!  There were literally like millions of lights and paparazzi, and although they hustled us rather quickly to the doors I still felt like a really rich princess or something.  So we floated on into our amazing seats and were able to watch the red carpet action on the big screen and then literally see the celebs walk through the door to their seats.  I even saw some famous girl take off her clip-on earings and text on her blackberry (ha so celebs are VERY exciting).  The film we saw was a Chinese Film called Chun Feng Chen Zui De Ye Wan de Lou Ye or Spring Fever and although it was really odd, it was so surreal to be able to see the director take his seat with the starring ladies by his side.  There were also plenty of well known celebs in attendance including Elizabeth Banks (40 year old Virgin).

So 10.5 hours later when the movie ended we all stood for a standing ovation and then headed back to the carpet.  This time around paparazzi would literally stop groups of us to take our pictures (they clearly understood I am about to make it big) but I had to play it cool and act like I actually didn't want 50 cameras taking my picture (45 would be sufficient to catch my good side!).  We floated back home to the college and here I am absorbing every memory I can about the best night of my life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment