Sunday, May 17, 2009

on the hunt

Today I spent the majority of my day shopping-for celebs that is.  It's not that I consider myself a stalker by any means but it is such a thrill to find a group of people with cameras huddled around an unknown celeb and immediately race to push myself to the front to determine the identity!  Today's big hit was famed director Quentin Tarantino (director of inglorious bastards starring Mr. Pitt premiering Wednesday!).  I just happened to be staring between the wall slants in the Carlton's Restaurant when who should I happen to spot but Tin Tar (as I like to call him).  He was enjoying a nice lunch and so I sat around for a few minutes (or 25) to enjoy his lunch with him :)
Anyway he seemed like a very pleasant man!  After this I was just strolling down the street listening to my ipod when I see another group of people taking pictures of a couple who kept gettin in and out of a car several times.  I thought this was odd and I didn't know the couple but I of course started snapping pictures too.  I was just asking a woman next to me who the couple was, when she said this is a scene for a movie, you are standing with the extras.  Ha whoops, innocent mistake!  Apparently this was a fake group of stalker fans taking pictures and the other real stalkers were across the street taking pictures of the movie scene.  Needless to say, I can not add extra in a french film to my resume!     
After this I stumbled on a press conference for a festival film then decided to head back. I had just posted up with my computer back at the college when my friend Mark calls me again saying if I sprint back down to the festival grounds I can maybe get a ticket for that night's premier.  Well shoot, off I went in a tizzy!  I had just slugged myself into line-sweating profusely- when they tell me tickets are done they may have more at 5:30.  Well I waited it out and was lucky to be early in line and get a ticket!  So tonight I will be seeing Agora on the red carpet, I'll be sure to keep ya posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment