Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Cannes Film Fest: Night 1

So I will post pictures later but I just wanted to update everyone on the first night of the festival.  First let me just say it was, well, AMAZING!!!! I hardly recognize my city anymore- it's turned into Paris on crack, but I am in love.  I decided to pass on class today and went to the Palais to check out the final touches being made before the big premier.  It was amazing to be in the presence of a real red carpet (I touched it!) and see the behind the scenes of a huge celebrity event.  

This afternoon, we had a meeting at school where we received our official badges.  With these badges we are allowed to see all the premiers, as long as we are willing to wait in line for the tickets (um, yes is that even a question!?)  They also just make me feel very official and important so do not be surprised if I continue wearing it back in the states.

The beach has kicked out all the topless ladies and set up these massive tent parties for celebrities, which are for the most part all white with really cool lounge areas and amazing bars-I'll get back to you on whether or not I can sneak my butt in.  A few of my friends are interning with this company that basically requires them to go to a bunch of the parties so rough life for them!

Alright so tonight was the opening ceremonies and  the PIXAR film, UP was premiering so we decided to check out the red carpet happenings.  We were literally a few feet from the red carpet and paparazzi mayhem and were able to see Robin Wright-Penn and the other festival judges as well as that girl from Superbad (blonde haired crazy chick).  The carpet was also lined with adorable little ballerinas dressed in white standing in different poses up the stairs. The energy is crazy around the red carpet with people screaming and flashes going off everywhere-very very hollywood cool.  After this we grabbed dinner and drinks at a restaurant close to town and just people watched.  Everyone is in tuxs and formal gowns (even during the day) and I'm pretty sure everyone thinks they are super important so we pretty much just try to do the same and act like we aren't crazy overwhelmed by it all.

All in all it was an amazing first day!  I will be sure to get you guys updated on my celeb sightings!

Paix,
Leah
    

No comments:

Post a Comment